Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Easter Creations 2011


 I didn't spend a lot of time on Easter this year.  Just got finished moving and setting up my studio.  Now I'm embarking on an exploration the rest of the year.  I'm going to try bunches of different things - jewelry, assemblage art, different kinds of ornaments, dolls, puppets, mosaics...who knows.


Recently, I realized that I was headed down a path as an artist that would have me do just one thing.  After much thinking, I'm clear that I will never be happy doing that.  I am most happy trying new things.  I am most happy exploring the unknown, challenging myself to take on something that looks daunting and if I have the thought, "How did they do that?", then I have to try it.

Now, it's not going to be anything and everything goes, just the things that light me up, intrigue me or move me.

For me, my life is too short to focus on one thing.  Be it ADD or being a Gemini or just wanting to taste lots of life (I don't really know or care), I'm gonna have me some fun and make some great things at the same time.

1 comment:

  1. ihear ya!! i admire those that just do one thing and do it amazingly well but I just want to try so many things!!! I sew dolls, sculpt dolls and right now I am totaly obsessed with spun cotton (well been obsessed for years actually, ever since bought a reproductin christmas peice about 6 years ago). Can't wait to see what you create in your world!!

    ReplyDelete