Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Managing a Busy Year

I'm running two time lines simultaneously: Winterville Christmas Barn and Halloween & Vine.  For Winterville, I'm looking for great artists and craftspeople to stock my barn at the Adobe Pumpkin Farm in Petaluma for the weekends during October. www.adobepumpkinfarm.com

For Halloween & Vine, I'm the show assistant as well as an artist for the first time in the show.  It is September 29.  www.halloweenandvine.com

Both of these venues happen/start on the same weekend!  I'm glad I've already started on getting both complete.  I've created a time line for each.  I looked at the weekend of 9/29 and wrote down everything that had to be accomplished by that day, then worked my way back to April, breaking up everything into little milestones/goals along the way.  This is the only way I know to get so much done without going to the dreaded space of "overwhelm".  Like I told my good friend Lesley, the only way to eat a whale is one bite at a time. (you can insert elephant, moose, manatee, T-rex, etc.)

If you are working on a project, I invite you to try the timeline approach.  Create realistic milestones so that you can get everything done in time and not have to pull your hair out or run around like a big ole, nasty, headless chicken doing it last minute.

I'm also embarking on an endeavor to be a resource for art supplies, for obscure things that sometimes people need, but can't readily find.  Each week (or more) I will post links to awesome websites that I find in my search for supplies.  This is something that I love to do and giving the info away is even more fun. I mean, we need to help each other out, right!?  If you find a great source, let me know and I'll post it.

This weekend I'm going to finish at least one of my H&V pieces (Dia de los Muertos Squasha)


And I'm going to Harvest Barn Estate Sale AND I'm going to try out a nursery that I just learned about in town.  Gotta mix it up or I wouldn't be me!

Have a great one, talk to you soon!
~D

1 comment: