Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Creating, Creating, Creating!

Now that I'm in Santa Rosa, I have a small window of time to create stuff before I find a job.  I have started about 8 projects that I'm working on simultaneously.  As one dries, I paint/glitter/sculpt another.  It's quite the game I'm playing to get these all done by the time I get a job.  I can still work on pieces when I have a "real" job, but not 8 hours a day!

Also, I'm getting some reality around what it takes to do a show (Glitterfest)!  There are registration fees, booth fees, seller's permit fees, Credit card capability fees (account, machine, mucho charges).  This ain't my momma's garage sale!

Inside all of this, I'm enjoying the journey of it. I feel like I'm an explorer trying new things, finding new techniques and even new mediums.

At the risk of sounding like a true dork, I just discovered Paperclay and found out how to use it by watching a video of Martha Stewart on Youtube!  I'm used to polymer clay (aka Sculpey) and paperclay is very different - dries out fast and no baking.  But it is so soft and blends together very well.  I'm making a devil with it and just used scissors to cut the ears and horns - a trick I learned on "Cake Boss". (Love that show!)

Well, enough typing for now, I need to eat breakfast and get to painting, baking and whatever else needs to be done - oh yeah, watering my flower pots!

2 comments:

  1. Oh! You're going to LOVE paper clay! If you check some of the conversation on the MHA, you'll find some useful tips in using it!

    Now I can hardly wait to see what you create using it!!
    No pressure though! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have been super busy. Looking forward to seeing your new creations! I love Cake Boss too.

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete