Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, January 31, 2011

Well We're Moving on Up!

Well, we're almost completely packed.  The studio has now been divided up into dozens of boxes and are patiently waiting to be moved to a larger space!  We are moving to the coveted Petaluma, CA (home of Halloween & Vine and a very active art scene) on Feb. 12 into a 3-level town home apartment and I'm so stoked!  One of the amazing things is that this complex is 95% smoke-free!  I didn't even know those things existed.  I'll have a one-car garage to spread out and get efficient and organized.

I know, hard to believe for an artist, but I'm ready to create a bitchin' space that might even be cool enough to be in a magazine.  (It's YOUR fault, Dani :)

This also means that creating anything is on hold....not that I've created very much since I got my office job.  But thanks to getting a real calendar book and a commitment to 2011 being a raucous, good art year, I think I'll be upping my output (read: quality and output) and increasing my skill level.

Still going to be exploring different media and styles.  I get bored easily with doing the same thing over and over again.  Must be the Gemini in me or the fact that I've been labeled ADD or hyper my whole life.  Whatever!  I just like trying out new things.  Life is too short to live in the same place my whole life or do the same thing over and over and over.....   It works stunningly for a lot of people, just not me.

My intention is that you see some fun, exciting, edgy (and improved skill) and darling things come out of Runamuck Studio.  This is a growth year....time to catch up with all the folks that awe me!! ;)

1 comment:

  1. I'm really excited for you Dennis! I have no doubt that wonderful things will come out of your new workspace. Can't wait to take the tour when I'm out there in September.

    ReplyDelete