Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Winterville Christmas Barn in Petaluma, CA

Today I set up a Facebook page for the all-new Winterville Christmas Barn at the Adobe Pumpkin Farm in Petaluma, CA.  My friend Lesley Papola runs the Farmer's Wife Barntique there and enlisted me to run the Christmas shop in it's own barn.  Well,since I love barns, Christmas and Halloween/Fall, it was a no-brainer!

As you can see, the barn is good sized and very cool.  I will be setting up an entire Christmas store stocked mostly with local artist's work.  A whole range of mediums will be represented from chabby chic, to fine folk art.  I'll have displays and lights and hot apple cider and music...plenty of Christmas music!

The Adobe Pumpkin Farm is such a destination spot in the "North Bay".  It's only about a 45 minute drive north from San Francisco sitting on 30 acres and there is something for just about everyone. A petting zoo, tractor rides, a corn maze, pony rides, the best selection of pumpkins and gourds, cut flowers and games for children.  There is also a coffee spot and a haunted house.

For those shoppers interested in a feast for the eyes, there is the Halloween barn filled with fun Halloween decorations, the Farmer's Wife Barntique showing antiques, shabby chic items, jewelry and fine Halloween folk art by local artists.

And, of course, "Winterville Christmas Barn" opens it's barn doors officially this year.  I took this on as a challenge to grow myself as an entreprenuer and to have fun.  I'll have antiques as the "bones" of the boutique to display all the Christmas decor and fine folk art.  Again, we will be striving for a high percentage of locally-made items and I'm interested to see what kind of interest I get.

I figure I'll see what's being offered and pick a little of everything as long as it's well-made and goes with the season.  It's a Christmas-in-October experience, but once you leave the pumpkins behind and walk through the door, it's going to be all Christmas!

Feel free to "like" my Facebook page (the link is above) and I hope to see you one of those weekends in October!

No comments:

Post a Comment