Follow me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 20, 2013

I'm Gettin' Married in the Mornin'

Thanks to Washingtonians, I able to legally marry my partner of 17 years.  Tomorrow is the day!  I noticed that my brain still has a bit of a struggle with calling my partner my husband.  I grew up in a small town in Texas and grew never considering I would ever have this opportunity.  Never once did I ever wonder what my life would be like with a husband - A boyfriend/lover/life partner, yes, but not "husband".

Well, that is all about to change tomorrow.  We have our cake ordered along with food.  I'm making the corsages and we're getting married at our friends house on the lake.
This is Ames Lake during the early morning with the toolie [sic] fog floating just above the calm, mirror-like water.

I'm excited and moved that I will finally marry my life partner, Robert.  I couldn't be happier with my choice of husband to continue spending the rest of my life with.  Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I know I voted a big YES for this, for someday my son will also be able to marry in our state. I hope you both have a wonderful day and remember it always, obviously the commitment is there with being together for so many years now you will have the papers for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! May the two of you have many happy memories of this wonderful day! And may you both spend many glorious together. Happy Wedding Day! ♥

    ReplyDelete